Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Last and Final House Transformation!

I've saved the best for last! The kitchen! It's been a long process, but oh my, it's worth the wait! 

Before:


It's a nice big kitchen, but with dated, plain cabinets. The plan for the kitchen; completely gut and start over!

One of the first things to happen in the kitchen was having a new window installed. Then Randy C. changed the doorway to make the laundry room. Then, Jared came and moved some of the wiring around.

Next, it was time to move out of the kitchen.  My mom came and helped me box everything up.  Blake unhooked the plumbing for the sink. The fridge had to be moved to the living room.

On Saturday, November 22nd, Randy C., Jared, Blake and Randy demolished the kitchen. They had to dump the horse trailer at least twice. It was a dusty mess!

It's now all cleared out. We are officially "kitchenless"!

Next came all the wiring.  Jared, Blake and Randy worked hard! But look at those wonderful lights!

Next came sheet rocking. It was very nice to have Dad's help holding these heavy sheets in place. Randy C. was worried about patching the ceiling and blending the texture with the old ceiling and the new pieces, but he didn't need to worry because it looks amazing!

More tiling! Tanner turned into the Grout Man.

Finally, so cabinets arrived! It was really exciting when the first one went up, we had been very patient waiting for them to come.  Tanner really had to use his head to get this one installed. I'm so grateful that Tanner was able to come help his dad install these!

The granite is being installed! That was a heavy piece! It was an interesting process to watch.  The first time I sat at the bar to eat breakfast the day after the granite was installed, I cried! It was just amazing to me to see this beautiful kitchen taking shape, I was simply overwhelmed. Blake is actually holding up the end plate while it's being screwed in from the other side.  There are so many details to get this all finished.

Randy's not really napping on the counter, he's working on the backsplash!  I got really tired of making decisions, but I'm so happy with the way this all came together!

Now it's Jared's turn to come back and work his magic. They installed the microwave, and range. He put under counter LED lights, above the sink lights and lights up in the little window cabinets above the sink. It's all amazing!

Here are some of the cool cabinets.  I love the spice rack on the lazy susan cupboard door. I also love the garbage next to the sink with a towel rod for a handle. This drawer works really well for cookie sheets and cooling racks.

I also love these drawers inside the cabinets! I want to thank Julie again, she came and helped me organize my kitchen! She really has a talent for organizing and planning! 

We put these new fangled "lazy susans" in both corner cabinets. They work really well. 

Here comes the finished Kitchen!

I still marvel at how beautiful it is! It's not just beautiful, it's very functional and easy! Sometimes, I just can't believe this is my kitchen!
Here are a few details.  The tap is awesome, you just have to touch it to turn it on. I love the shelves on the end. I love the granite, it sparkles! I also love the window cabinets above the sink.

I love my "new" house! We started this remodel on Sept.15, 2014 and it was finished on Feb. 20, 2015. It got long, but it was worth it! Thank you, Randy Chambers for your willingness to take on this project. I am amazed at your talents and abilities. You are such a hard worker, with such great vision. I actually miss having you come every day! We had some great times. You can forever call me "your highness"! I will forever think of you as the magician, because you definitely worked magic in our house.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

everything looks so awesome. i love that you had a magician who worked such wonderful magic and made your new house so great.

Darla said...

What a beautiful kitchen.