Tuesday, February 24, 2015

House Transformation - Part 6 Laundry Room!

That's right, it says Laundry Room! I've always had a laundry closet, or more recently a laundry hall that you could see from the dining room. I have to admit that it was MY idea to create a laundry room by changing the doorway into the kitchen! Usually it's Randy C. that comes up with the great ideas, but I claim this one!

Before:

As you can see the doorway into the kitchen, is directly across from the dryer. And it was just a long hallway.

First, Randy took out the flooring, and portions of the wall that had been part of the laundry closet, then closed off the doorway into the kitchen, and made a new doorway into the Laundry room!
Then there was some patching of sheet rock, texturing, painting and of course tiling! When he installed the door, it truly became a laundry room!

After:

Again, it's amazing! Even though it was my idea, it is better than all of my expectations!  I love the rod where I can hang clothes to dry, and I can shut the door when I want! We changed the pantry and outside door to white. I love it!

No comments: