Tuesday, February 24, 2015

House Transformation - Part 5 Living Room and Basement

Basement

We had new carpet put in the entire house, the basement included! It was time to lose the orange carpet! I've always said that I need to move out of my house and then move back in, because it would help me to declutter! Well, this worked out well, as we had to move everything out of each room before the carpet could be laid.  We did the basement in 2 stages, and it was a lot of moving! 

Good riddance orange carpet!

Much better! I really love this carpet! I guess that's a good thing since it's everywhere in my house!

While I was recovering from my hip surgery, I had a huge added bonus! My sister in law Julie came and totally reorganized my storage rooms! She said it was her dream job! (The rooms have been my worst nightmare!) It is amazing whenever I walk in them, I just want to cry, I can actually find things and I can actually walk in the rooms! Thank you, thank you, Julie!

Living Room

The living room was transformed 3 years ago, so this time around it's main change was new carpet. But, during the time other rooms were getting worked on, it became the the storage room!

All the contents of the kitchen ended up in the living room.  We covered the furniture because there was always so much dust.  Nikelle and Courtney were even able to take a nap among all the confusion.

Blake and I got along pretty good having just a microwave and a fridge.  We were so lucky that my mom helped us out so often by bringing us food, or having us eat at their house. We moved the fridge into the living room on November 22nd. The new carpet was laid on January 9th.

It's just beautiful! It's amazing what new carpet can do for a room! Thanks again to Julie for coming and helping me decorate! 

No comments: