Saturday, August 11, 2012

Owls

In February, I started hearing Owls hoot in the trees in our yard. Blake went out one day and took some pictures of them.





They were perched on the light pole and in a tree, talking back and forth to each other. They made completely different sounds.


Randy was here a few weeks later and saw them in the big tree.

Then they kind of disappeared for awhile, until one day in June, when one scared me to death. I was home alone and walked into the kitchen and as I looked out the window an owl was sitting on the grill. I thought someone was standing on the patio looking at me through the window!



Then a few days later, this guy scared me again. I was sitting at the table and he just walked onto the patio! 



Then a few days later, he was back on the patio. He just sat there for a bit, then went out into the sprinklers and just sat in them for about an hour.





We haven't seen them since, but the last few nights I have heard them again. They were fun to watch, but I have to admit it was also kind of creepy.



No comments: