Friday, December 25, 2015

Thoughts.....

During this holiday season, I have done a lot of reflecting and pondering. Starting with Thanksgiving, I decided I would like to have a more gratitude attitude.  I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I love the idea of being grateful and not asking for anything.  I have been thinking for this month how grateful I am for my family.


I love this picture that was taken as we were preparing for our family photos last summer. We are not perfect, but we are perfectly happy to be together. I'm so glad that my kids are good friends and like to be together. 
 I am so thankful for each member of this family.  Blake is my rock, he is such a hard worker and wonderful provider. He is an amazing dad and grandpa. 
I appreciate the thoughtfulness and generosity that Cindy and Ken exhibit all the time.  I'm so thankful that Brian, Celia, Maden, Annie and Clark are living so close. Brian did such a good job getting through Anesthesia school, and I'm thankful for Celia's support during the long school journey. 
I'm grateful for the all help Randy is to Blake, he's always just a phone call away, and Courtney is so willing to let him come help.  I'm so thankful they trust me to tend Ryder.
I have really appreciated Jared's electrical talents this year, and his willingness to help us. I'm also thankful for Nikelle's dedication to family.  
I can't even express how grateful I am to be called Grandma by Maden, Annie, Molly, Ryder and Clark.  I remember when Maden was born 6 years ago, I was surprised by the love I felt for him. That love is just as strong today, and I couldn't imagine loving other grandchildren as much, but as each were born, I found I love them all just the same. I didn't think my heart could hold so much love! They are all so unique and special. There is nothing I would rather do that spend time with them.


I love this picture depicting Mary holding her sweet baby, Jesus.  When I found it among my Christmas decorations, I almost cried.  I guess with these three babies being born into our family this year, this picture has special meaning to me.  As I reflected on the feelings I had as I held each of them for the first time, and could feel of their sweet pure innocence, I couldn't help but think that Mary could feel the same thing from her son. I so appreciate her willingness to bring him into the world.
I am so grateful that He was willing to come to earth as my Savior.  I am so thankful for His atonement and sacrifice in my behalf. I love Him, and I'm trying to be more like Him. 

Jared and Nikelle gave us this beautiful picture of Jesus holding this precious baby. I love it! I know that He loves us all, and wants us to be happy and to follow Him. 

No comments: