Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

I love it when the Christmas decorations are all up! I don't really love doing the decorating, but I love the happy feeling the lights create. We got most of them put up last weekend, and finished up on Wednesday. Here's the tree all lit up. There's a story about all the lights on the tree, but I won't bore you with all the details. Let's just say that it's either all the lights (both the colored and the white), or have a bare spot with no lights!Here's a view of the decorations.
There's a missionary on our tree again this year!

A Christmas Tree just isn't complete until there's a cat lounging under it!


Here's the fireplace, all lit up!


"The stockings were all hung..." I cross stitched these for our family several years ago. The plan was to give them to the kids when they left home, but I can't bring myself to part with them. So I still hang Cindy's and Brian's and Randy's. Celia will be here for Christmas, so I have an extra one thatI hang up for her. The only problem is that it hangs backward from the rest!


I put most of my "manger scenes" on the piano.


The entry way, and front door, all lit up.


Now you can see all the snowmen decorations. I have a real fettish for snowmen, and have collected quite a few. Some I have made, some have been given to me, and some I have bought.


My little snowmen trees.


The lights by the stairway.


More Snowmen!


The outside is all lit up too. Blake did a really good job this year! Now you've been on a tour of the Purcell Christmas Cottage!

No comments: