Thursday, August 1, 2024

July 2024

 

July 1 - We had a weird storm come through Groveland.  There were some downdraft winds hit a couple of homes in our area.  Matsuura's were hit pretty hard.  After the storm, the sky was beautiful in all directions.


July 2 - I went to the Potato Museum with my sister Lynne, nephew Ryan, and his friend from his mission Jovan. Michelle and her kids were there also.  It was very entertaining.  We learned a lot about potatoes.  Ryan and Jovan are modeling their new shirts from the places they visited.

Talking with Yuki Matsuura about the damage they sustained.  They were lucky it didn't hit more than the corner of their house.  I'm not sure they thought they were too lucky when it happened.

July 3 - A beautiful start and finish to the day.

July 4 - 4th of July parade in Idaho Falls.  Brian's family, Lynne, Rob, Ryan, Samuel, Adam and his boys.  Michelle was in the parade!

I didn't need to go anywhere to see fireworks, this was in the street outside my front door!

July 5 - We took Annie, Clark and Maden to the Shiver Shack for a Shave Ice! It was yummy!

July 7 - James Cook's baptism! Mom got to FaceTime so she could see the baptism. It was all very nice.

Joseph and Akaila brought a bounce house and slide for the kids.  Penny had a great time along with some cousins.

July 9 - Michelle and Ryan came to play games and found this critter in the corner of the front porch.  We think it is a ground hog, or a yellow belly varmint.  It was still there when they left.  I called the non emergency number, they had fish and game call me.  They told me it would probably leave on its own after dark.  A deputy came by and scared it off before dark.

July 10 - Another visitor! This cute little cat came and talked to me for awhile.

July 11 - I got to spend a little time with this cutie pie, Scottlynn.  I took the chance to have a little photo shoot.  I love all of her expressions.

My Mother's Day orchid is still blooming beautifully!

July 13 - Brian, Aubrey, Scottlynn, Blake and I took a little ferry trip to Keefer's Island in the Snake River in Idaho Falls.  It was vey interesting and Hot! Brian dipped Scottlynn in the river so she didn't over heat.

Some more of Scottlynn's antics while we ate at Outback Steakhouse.

July 14 - Another beautiful start to the day!

July 15 - This is a fiery start today!

Blake, Randy And Ryder went 4 wheeling to check on the trail cams.  There were quite a few views of this huge elk.

July 19 - Blake and I went to the Meridian, Idaho temple.

July 20 - We met Brian and his family at the Sturgeon Fishing pond in Parma, Idaho.  It was really hot, we found what little shade we could.  The fish didn't bite as well as sometimes.

After awhile, they started biting.  Maden really enjoyed it, Clark and Declan got to feel the fish.  Brian helped haul one in.  

On our way home, we watched the temperature keep rising.

Just kept going up!

!09 was the highest we saw!

July 21 - My Dad's 83rd birthday! It was very hard work getting a good picture of these little girls.

July 23 - Look what I saw as I was outside in the early morning deadheading the flowers.  A beautiful smoky sunrise and a pretty kitty came to visit.

July 24 - Another smoky sunrise.  Scottlynn got to come visit again!

July 27 - This time I caught the smoky sunset!

July 28 - I just can't get enough of the beautiful sunrises.  Grandpa holding two little girls, can you guess which one is a little jealous!? Scottlynn and Penny learning to "share". Penny thinks she's funny to sit on the turtle and play with the things on the saucer.

July 31 - Penny got to come visit, she loved walking on the sunshine on the floor. She also loved watching Mickey while I did my hair.






























No comments: