Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mission Call!!!


Our baby boy, Jared received his mission call today!!!!  He is going to serve in the Illinois, Peoria mission. He leaves on January 6th.  I have to say that as his mother I am relieved that he is staying in the United States!  It will be much easier to mail things to him for one thing!  I can't really believe that this is happening, I mean is he really this old? Is he really ready?  He is a very mature, dependable, knowlegable young man, but he is my baby!  I'm really not sure I'm ready for him to be gone, he and I have had a lot of time with just the two of us and I've loved every minute.  Have I taught him everything I should have?  I don't know, but it's a little late to worry about that now!  I'm sure he will be a tremendous hard working, obediant missionary.  I love you Jared and I'm really proud of you!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

How exciting! Yay Jared!

Lori said...

Tell him CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so cool. I don't know if you have been a member of missionarymoms.com but I highly recommend it. I am so excited for Jared!! ((and for you ))