Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snowman from FedEx?

Friday, a very large box appeared outside my backdoor delivered by FedEx. We were busy coming and going and didn't have time to open it for awhile. It said it was from M A Sappington, from St. Charles, MO, addressed to me. Finally we were able to open it, we couldn't imagine what was inside and if it was somehow connected to Jared. Randy was here and it took both of us about 10 - 15 minutes to get all the bubble wrap unwrapped.




The mound of bubble wrap, and the surprise inside! It is ceramic and was in 3 pieces that stack together, isn't it just cute, and big! But, there was no note, I had no idea why or who sent this adorable snowman to me! I got looking at the label and found a phone number next to the senders address, so I called it up. I asked the lady that answered if she had sent a darling ceramic snowman to me. She squealed and said she was so glad that it was not broken. She said her name was Mary Ann, and my son had chosen that snowman for her to send me. She went on to tell me that "those boys" had been coming to her house for a long time, and she loved having them come. She said she always thought if she had a son out on his own in the world like "these boys" she would hope that people would be nice to him. She said that she really misses Jared since he has been transferred, that there was something extra special about him, that she loved his happy attitude and smile! She told me that I should be really proud of him! She said she asked Jared if there was any of her ceramic things I might like, he told her that I like snowmen, so she had this one and wondered if I would like it, he told her I would love it. She made me promise to tell Jared that it got here unbroken, and to tell him that she misses him.


Needless to say, I LOVE IT! Thank you Jared and Mary Ann!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

AAAh how Sweet- always good to hear they are doing good!!! and people are loving them!

Jodi said...

Very cool!