Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Magical Transformations

My house needed a pantry, or rather I need a pantry in my house! So after seeing the magic my brother Randy Chambers worked on the laundry room in Idaho Falls, we invited him down to work some magic in our house. As you come in the back door from the garage, there was a little hall that led to a door that went out to the patio. We never used that door, so it was kind of wasted space. I had the idea that it was a perfect spot for a pantry and knew that Randy could make that happen. I don't have a good before picture, but I've got some good ones during and after!
First, the door was removed.
Blake and Randy, framing in where the door was.
Then they had to reroute some of the wiring, so there could be lights and switches in the right places. That turned into a long process, it was hard to figure out! Eventually to get it right, they had to call in some experts...Terry and Doug came down and helped figure out the complicated mess.
Then came the sheet rocking and perfataping...
Part of this space had been a small closet, he had to combine the two areas into one.
Then it was time to build the shelves.

The shelves had been painted once before they were installed, but I got the job of giving them a second coat. 
The finished product!
It is absolutely wonderful! Exceeded all of my expectations! I still need to organize it a little, but I love it! I knew Randy could work magic and make a pantry out of some wasted space! He is a true magician!

But wait, there's more! I got a big unexpected bonus! My laundry facilities are a closet in the  hall across from the new pantry. Randy had the idea that if we put some cabinets in there instead of shelves, it would make it seem less like a closet...He was so right! 
Before...ugh.
During..getting better!
After!! Randy was so right! I love it! It is still a closet, but it really doesn't feel like a closet any more!

Thank you, Randy for working your magic! I love it all! But wait, there's more! I have so much more to show off, but there's a few finishing touches that include another magician before I show it all off! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

It looks great. Extra storage is always such a blessing!

Purcellville said...

It looks so nice! I love it when I can figure out what to do with a wasted space! Great job!!!!!

Jodi said...

It looks great! Yay for brothers that are handymen too!