Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All-Nighter

Jared is planning to go to BYU-I in September, so today was the first day he could register. The day started at 12:01 a.m. He went to bed and planned to get up at midnight so he might get some of the classes he wanted. I heard him in the computer room, so I got up to support him.

He got all signed in and was just waiting for the clock to strike 12:01. As soon as it hit, he started clicking the "Add" button on the College Algebra class he wanted. It would just bring up a page saying, "Warning, your class has NOT been added because you are not eligible to register at this time." What??? It is the last day of registration, everyone else has registered, all that is left is the lowly freshmen with no credits. He tried with some other classes, but kept getting the same message. Finally, at 12:30, he called a friend that he knew was trying to register too, she said she was getting the same message! He kept trying for a few more minutes with the same result, so I sent him to bed because he had to up at 5:00 to go bag ice, then to work at the Surgical Center after that.

I kept trying to add the classes until about 2:00, then decided to go to sleep for awhile. After tossing and turning for about a half hour I got back up and checked again, still no luck. So, I set a timer for 1 hour and went to sleep. The timer rang at 3:30, so I checked again, still the same stupid message. So, I went back to bed, and got up when I heard Randy and Jared get up at 5:00 and checked again, still the same message. They left for work and I kept checking, still nothing. Just before I left for Curves at 6:40, I checked again, still the same dumb message.

As soon as I got home at 7:45, I checked again, it was going to let me in!! The math class he wanted was full, but I was able to get one at a different time. I was able to get him in all the rest of the classes at the times he wanted! Whew! I wish we could go back in time and we wouldn't have got up at midnight, we would have simply slept with no worries.

No comments: